Bowtie, a digital insurance pioneer, has unveiled specialized medical insurance plans for those aged 50 and above, addressing the dual challenges of income loss and group insurance termination as retirement approaches.
Climate change's impacts on life and health insurance
Critical health concerns for the 50+ age group
Research highlights five key health risks for individuals aged 50 and above:
• Colorectal cancer: An annual average of 5,000 cases and a 40% fatality rate between 2016-2020.
• Heart disease: 6,561 heart disease-related deaths in 2020, accounting for 13% of total deaths.
• Stroke: 3,165 stroke-related deaths in 2020, representing over 6% of total deaths.
• Diabetes: Approximately one in ten individuals in Hong Kong has diabetes, with associated complications.
• Hypertension (high blood pressure): Around two-thirds of those aged 60 and above have high blood pressure.
Insurance solutions for 50+ individuals
To address the retirement protection gap, Bowtie offers comprehensive medical insurance tailored for this age group:
Product: Bowtie Flexi (Regular) + Gleneagles Hospital Wellness Package
• No deductible, full reimbursement: Eliminates the need for retirees to cover deductibles or medical expenses.
• Free annual health check-up: Includes a complimentary comprehensive annual health check-up valued at up to $2,720.
Bowtie's specialized insurance options provide vital protection without overburdening the finances of pre-retirees. These offerings empower individuals aged 50 and above to navigate their health challenges with confidence, reinforcing Bowtie's commitment to secure and confident retirements.