A recent study conducted by Access Partnership and Amazon Web Services (AWS) sheds light on the imminent transformation of the workplace through the integration of artificial intelligence (AI). With 73% of employers prioritizing the acquisition of AI-skilled talent, the study highlights five key insights that illuminate the evolving landscape of work:
How intelligent automation can accelerate digital transformation and ROI
1) Widespread adoption of AI:
• A staggering 92% of surveyed organizations in the U.S. plan to integrate AI-powered solutions by 2028.
• Departments beyond IT, including sales, marketing, and human resources, are anticipated to derive significant value from AI, with benefits ranging from task automation to improved workflows and communication.
2) Rise of generative AI:
• Over 93% of employers and 86% of employees expect the integration of generative AI within the next five years.
• This form of AI, capable of rapidly creating content and ideas, is expected to drive innovation, automate repetitive tasks, and facilitate learning.
3) AI skills as career accelerators
• Employers express a willingness to pay higher wages for AI-skilled workers, with an average premium of 47% for IT roles.
• Interest in acquiring AI skills spans generations, with approximately 80% of workers expressing a desire to develop these skills for career advancement.
4) Productivity boost through AI
• The study indicates that AI could enhance overall workplace productivity by up to 49%, with 88% of workers expecting to use AI in their daily tasks by 2028.
• Automation of repetitive tasks, acceleration of creativity, and better decision-making are cited as key contributors to this productivity surge.
5) AI skills gap challenges
• Despite recognizing the importance of AI skills, 75% of employers report difficulty in finding the necessary talent.
• The study underscores a demand for critical and creative thinking skills alongside technical expertise, revealing an industry-wide skills gap that requires attention through training and education programs.
In conclusion, the study paints a picture of a rapidly evolving workplace where AI integration is inevitable. However, the challenge lies in addressing the skills gap and providing the necessary training for both employers and employees. While the future promises significant benefits from AI tools, strategic preparation and ongoing education will be critical for fully realizing the potential of this transformative technology in the workplace.
Download the report